Returns & Refunds Policy
Please retain your receipt, as it will be required in the event of the return of any goods.
We are happy to exchange, refund or issue a credit note for items returned to us in a saleable condition, with a receipt, within 14 days of purchase – we are under no legal obligation to do this.
Our trees and shrubs are guaranteed for 1 year, with proof of purchase, and where the plant has been reasonably cared for. This guarantee does not include any plants damaged due to lack of watering, lack of proper horticultural care and adverse weather conditions as these things are out of our control once the plant has left our nursery.
If you have a concern with any plant purchased then please speak to us as soon as possible so we can give you our help and guidance with it.
This does not affect your statutory rights.
Collyers Nurseries recognises the risk posed to UK horticulture, gardens and the environment from imported plant pest and disease.
We acknowledge our responsibility to act in a manner that will minimise the risk posed by ourselves and our supply chain.
To this end we endeavour to take the following steps:
- We grow a lot of our own plants here on site so we can guarantee they are in good health
- Plants are only purchased from approved suppliers who share our values and have demonstrated best practice regarding plant health
- We buy only from trusted UK growers where we can but where we import plants, we do so with a few trusted growers, again, sharing our core values on plant health
- Our suppliers are all plant passported in accordance with current legislation
- Plants are checked as they arrive at the nursery and any we are not 100% happy with are rejected
- We regularly carry out stock checks to ensure it is free from pests and disease.
- When found these are treated, or destroyed
- Our nursery and plants are inspected twice a year by the Food and Environment
- Research Agency (FERA), which is an Executive Agency of DEFRA
- We make sure we have good hygiene around our nursery, keeping our stock and sales areas as clean and weed free as possible.
- We maintain good stock rotation, removing older plants from sale
Along with many companies in our industry we would like to add the following statement on the risk of Xylella
We have taken the decision NOT to knowingly purchase any host plants originating from regions where the disease Xylella is known to exist. The decision has been taken after detailed consideration as to the potential catastrophic impact the introduction of the disease could have to the UK environment, coupled with the ever increasing number of host plant genera of this disease. This is in line with DEFRA’s good practice recommendations.